180 Degrees Consulting is the world’s largest consultancy for non-profits & social enterprises.
180 Degrees Consulting was founded by Nat Ware. Nat had previously undertaken charitable work in Mozambique, and it was this work that made him realize that “in the game of social impact, method trumps money.” He realized that the effectiveness of funds is even more important than the level of funds, yet most non-profit organizations and social enterprises do not have access to affordable high-quality consulting services. At the same time, Nat realized that talented university students have more to offer than simply collecting money or raising awareness.
On one hand there were non-profits crying out for thoughtful advice, and on the other hand there were talented, creative students who wanted to make a meaningful difference. Connecting the two, the idea for 180 Degrees Consulting was born.
To test the notion that talented university students can add real value to organizations, a pilot project was undertaken, which was extremely well received by both the client and the volunteer consultants. Given the success of the pilot project, the first branch of 180 Degrees was established at Sydney University in Australia.
Since then, 180 Degrees has grown very rapidly. There are now 81 branches spread across 33 countries around the world, and each year 180 Degrees helps hundreds of worthwhile organizations to dramatically improve the work they do and achieve their full potential.
180 Degrees Consulting helps organizations to…
- Run the most effective programspossible
- Measure their social impact
- Improve their financial sustainability
- Operate as efficiently as possible, so that donation revenue goes further
- Be more data-drivenin their decision-making
- Expandto new geographical areas
- Improve their human resource management and volunteer recruitment
- Improve their branding and marketing
- Work out organizational priorities
- Increase the number of people they are able to help
- Develop a workable business plan
180 Degrees Consulting’s unique advantage
They support and strengthen the capacity of organizations with social consciousness to achieve high impact results through the development of innovative, practical and sustainable solutions.
As such, 180 Degrees connects the untapped capabilities of university students with the unmet needs of socially conscious organizations. Importantly, the process is mutually beneficial. Non-profits, social enterprises, and socially minded businesses get custom solutions to problems they’re facing and university students get work experience, professional training, first-hand exposure to non-profits and social enterprises, real leadership development, and the opportunity to make a difference.
The Branch of Mexico was founded in 2011 and today is the largest internationally, to be formed by the conglomeration of the best private universities
180 Degrees Consulting Mexico City branch has started a crowdfunding campaign with a goal of raising $2519.50, the funds will be used for the following expenses:
- To have a stronger financial base that allows them to make better training for their consultants and thus provide more and more professional service to their customers.
- To perform much more professional events that allow them to develop strategic alliances with entrepreneurs and companies that venture into social entrepreneurship.
- To keep active the new website. (Currently in development).
- To Support the New Branch 180 Degrees Queretaro during the first period operation.
- David Benitez – Strategy Director
- Alejandra Mendoza – Branch President
- Jose Luis Nieto – Legal Director
- Fernando Gonzalez – Vice President
- Daniel Apiquian – Vice President
- Mina Guevara – Talent Management Director
- Eduardo Ortiz – Chief Consulting Director
- Manuel Roa – Marketing Director
- Carolina Plata – Knowledge Management Director
- Jeronimo Esquinca – Co-Founder of the Mexico City Branch
Pledge $5.04- THANK YOU! You will receive an electronic and printed certificate for your support and your name on their social network.
Pledge $12.60- THANK YOU VERY MUCH! In addition to the certificate and mention on social networks, you have a permanent place with your name on their new website.
Pledge $25.20- You’ll get all this and they invite you to their event end of the period where you can participate and interact with people in the field of consulting and social entrepreneurship. It will be on November 19 in Mexico City.
Pledge $40.32- Stay with them in 2017! Besides getting to know you and giving you all previous rewards, they want you to follow them along 2017. That is why they invite you to their workshops which will be in March and October 2017.
Pledge $100.78- A tailor-made WORKSHOP JUST FOR YOU! They want to help. That’s why they will give all their rewards and besides, devote a full day of consulting just for your project!
When will the rewards be delivered?
- The diplomas will be delivered by courier, and email, during the month of November 2016
- Workshops are during the months of March and October 2017 so they will be sending the invitation during the months of January and August with the date.
- The workshop tailored for you is valid throughout the year 2017
The team welcomes your messages of support and encouragement, please do leave a message or comment alongside any pledge.
For more information, please visit 180 Degrees Consulting’s fondeadora page by following the link: